Legal Light Consulting: Our website address is: www.legallightconsulting.com.
This policy applies to the collection of information from:
- Persons accessing our website;
- Clients and potential clients;
- Applicants interested in working with us, including interns;
- Our existing talent and employees.
This policy does not govern the collection and processing of information by us in the course of the provision of our services, or otherwise by virtue of entering into any engagement or other contractual obligations. In such cases, the terms and conditions governing the provision of our services, engagement agreement or other contractual terms will be applicable.
In terms of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011 (“IT Rules”), ‘sensitive personal data or information of a person means such personal information which consists of information relating to:
- financial information such as Bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details;
- physical, physiological, and mental health conditions;
- sexual orientation;
- medical records and history;
- biometric information;
- any detail relating to the above classes as provided to body corporate for providing service; and
- any of the information received under any of the classes (a) to (g) above, by a body corporate for processing, stored, or processed under lawful contract or otherwise.
Further, any information that is freely available or accessible in the public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005, or any other law for the time being in force shall not be regarded as sensitive personal data or information for the purposes of the IT Rules.
In terms of other applicable data protection laws, personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
We may collect information from you of a nature, which may fall within any of the classes above. Common examples of such personal information, include but are not limited to:
- Your full name, parents’ names, temporary and permanent address, telephone numbers, and email address;
- Age, date of birth, and in case you work with us, biometrics such as fingerprints;
- Previous employment details including previous job title, names of previous employers, your previous compensation, and financial statement;
- Information and documents including prior correspondence with our firm;
- Financial information in relation to payments due and/or received;
- Details about when and how frequently you have accessed our website your IP address and your location.
- While we may collect some information under paragraphs 3(b)(i),(ii),(iii) and 3(b)(vi) above when you access our website, we may also collect other personal information from you, with your prior consent.
- In the event any information collected from you contains information relating to third parties, you agree that you have collected such information in compliance with applicable law and are duly authorized to furnish it to us.
- Our firm reserves the right to, at its discretion, modify this policy at any time. This policy, as modified from time to time will be available on our website. Please ensure that you visit our website to keep abreast of all such modifications.
- By further accessing our website or providing us with your information you will be deemed to have accepted all such modifications.
- In the event of a change in the applicable law, your consent shall be deemed valid to the extent permissible under applicable law.
- To the extent required by any such change, we may seek additional consent and authorization from you.
Purposes of Collection and Use of Information
The information you may share with us will be used, stored, and processed in compliance with the IT Act, IT Rules, and other applicable laws relating to data protection, for the above purposes of or in connection with:
- Operating our website and improving its functioning, technical and other parameters to cater to a better user experience and to align it to the beliefs of our firm;
- Providing legal updates to you;
- Complying with applicable law;
- Processing applications received from you and responding to the same;
- Processing queries raised and received and responding to the same;
- Internal purposes such as creating and maintaining records;
- Providing information to auditors, accountants, or otherwise pursuant to investigations or inquiries;
- Inviting you for seminars, webinars, and workshops conducted by us, which we believe may be of interest to you; and contacting you from time to time to record your valuable feedback on our website, as they currently stand, and/or any potential services that may be offered in the future.
In addition, we may share your information with third parties on a need-to-know basis only, in connection with or pursuant to the provision by us of our services or your employment with us.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose your information to third parties in the following cases, in accordance with the applicable data protection laws:
- Disclosure to third-party service providers such as auditors, accountants, information technology service providers, our website developers and designers, insurers, bankers, researchers, business consultants, and other professional advisors or service providers for providing inter-alia, data processing;
- Where there is a legal obligation to disclose such information to third parties, either under applicable law or order or judgment of a court of competent jurisdiction or pursuant to any other legal process;
- To protect the rights, interests, and security of our firm, our property, our clients, and those who work with us.
Our website also contains links to third parties websites in respect of which we do not have any rights. You hereby agree that we are not responsible for the collection, use, processing, and disclosure of any information by virtue of your accessing such links and websites.
Social Media Handles:
We value the privacy of the personal information collected from you and endeavor to safeguard the same from unauthorized use, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. In order to do so, we maintain appropriate managerial, technical, operational, and physical security control measures in relation to our computer systems. We also ensure that if any disclosures are made or any access is provided to your personal information, it is on a need-to-know basis only to persons who maintain at least the same level of safeguards for data protection and who are subject to confidentiality obligations.
In our endeavor to protect your personal information, where we find that your personal information is no longer required for any of the purposes for which we collected it or otherwise it is not required to be retained pursuant to any applicable data protection law, we will not store it. However, you agree that we may store your personal information in the electronic backup form, in which case such backups would be subject to appropriate safeguards (including technical and organizational).
A number is assigned to your computer system whenever you will access the internet the IP address will enable the computers and the servers to recognize and therefore communicate with each other. The respective IP addresses from which the users appear shall be recorded for the purpose of IT security and system diagnostic purposes. The same information shall be cumulatively used to see the website’s tendency and performance analysis.
The Cookies will be left on your computer or the device on which the internet is used to visit our website online. This will enable our site of ours to recall your computer or the device and will serve a number of purposes.
On our website, you will get a notification banner seeking your consent to allow the cookies (“cookie settings banner”).
Notwithstanding the above, you agree that we shall not be responsible for:
- any unauthorized use, collection, processing, or access to your personal information or breaches of security beyond our firm’s reasonable control; and
- any liability arising in connection with disclosure by you of your personal information to third parties, whether by you accessing third-party webpages or websites through our website or in any other manner.
All data assembled on our Website is safely put away inside our controlled database. The database is put away on servers made securely behind a firewall; access to the servers is secret word secured and carefully restricted. Be that as it may, as successful as our safety efforts seem to be, no security framework is impervious. We can’t ensure the security of our database, nor would we be able to ensure that data you gracefully won’t be caught while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Furthermore, obviously, any data you remember for a presentation on the conversation territories is accessible to anybody with the Internet.
I understand that the consultation through rtilawyers.com may involve electronic communication of my personal information to other Lawyers who may be located in other areas, including out of state.
Contact: Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions regarding this Agreement.
Last updated: 30/08/2022