Power of Attorney Registration: Power of Attorney (POA) is a legal document which grants general/specific powers to the person in whose favour the document is executed.
It can be related to a specific property or specific acts or both. A Power of Attorney having specifically few powers is called a Special Power of Attorney (SPA) and that having generally all the powers is called the General Power of Attorney (GPA).
In Both cases, the attorney Holder is entitled to act on behalf of the Principal owner.
Classification of Attorney: The Power of Attorney can be classified into two categories which include:
General Power of Attorney: A general power of attorney is one by which an instrument is executed by the principal authorizing the agent to do certain acts in general on his behalf.
The word ‘General’ here means that the power must be general regarding the subject matter and not general with regard to powers in respect of a subject matter.
If the subject matter is not general but restricted to something either specific or specifically mentioned by the principal while drafting an instrument then it will not constitute a general power of attorney.
It is otherwise called a limited power of attorney.
Special Power of Attorney: A special power of attorney is one by which a person is appointed by the principal to do some specified act or acts.
In this type of power of attorney, an agent is conferred with the power to do a specific act in a single or specified transaction in the name of the principal.
Durable Power of Attorney: A Power of Attorney which specifically says otherwise, the agent’s power ends if the principal becomes mentally incapacitated.
However, a power of attorney may say that it is to remain in effect in the event of future incapacity of the principal. A power of attorney that says this is called a durable power of attorney..
Registration of Power of Attorney in Delhi
In case of registration for General Power of Attorney or Agreement to Sell for sale of property or transfer its rights, a stamp duty equivalent to payable on registration is required to be paid.
- General Power of Attorney if favour of those in blood relation such as father, mother, son, daughter, husband, wife, brother, sister, a person of trust etc can be registered by paying a stamp duty of just Rs 50- and a registration fee of Rs 1100/-
- The principal/owner is required to be present before the Sub-Registrar Office during the presentation of the paper, along with its two witnesses with the Aadhar Card.
- Special Power of Attorney of property situated outside Delhi can be registered under certain special circumstances in the Sub-Registrar Office of Delhi.
Our law firm provides information and help for the Drafting and Registration of all types of Legal and Property Documents across all the Sub-Registrar Offices in Delhi including the following:-
- Sale Deed
- Lease Deed / Rent Agreement
- Agreement to Sell
- Gift Deed
- General Power of Attorney (GPA)
- Release/ Relinquishment Deed
- Other Property Documents